Library - The Famous Library of Alexandria is now being rebuilt on what is believed to be the original site of this great source of knowledge. This web site has a brief section on Alexandria Library, but not in detail.
- The BBC reports that a joint Egyptian-Polish team believes that they have discovered the ancient Library of Alexandria, including ancient lecture halls or auditora, in the Brucheion region of the ancient city.
- The original library was most probably burned during the Roman attack of the city. The story of the Arabs burning the library is inaccurate and discredited by most historians.
- There was another daughter library at Pompey's pillar (which was not built by Pompey by the way). This one survived for 4 more centuries, but was plundered by Christian fanatic mobs. The same mob dragged the philosopher/mathematician/priestess Hypatia.
- Some information on the Alexandria Library (Egyptian State Information) from the Egyptian State Information.
- Article on The
- A collection of Alexandrian Scholarship papers.
- Al Ahram article by Samir Sadek titled The Mouseion revisited.
A modern library of Alexandria has been build, close to the supposed site of the old one.
- Web site of The Bibliotheca
Alexandrina, which is a modern library renamed after its