Attached are the slides from my presentation tonight at the KWLUG on how to flash a custom Android ROM (in this case OmniROM) on the Acer Iconia A500 tablet. The podcast is here.
The whole process was done without any Windows software. All was done from Linux.
- Getting a CPU ID using APX mode, then getting an SBK (Secure Boot Key) from that.
- Installing Timmy Dean's V4 Rollback.
- Using babsector to install the Honeycomb bootloader
- Using babsector to install the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) bootloader and ClockWorkMod Recovery (CWM).
- Using CWM, flash TWRP, OmniROM, Google Apps, and SuperSU.
Once you do the above, you now have a really fast tablet running Android KitKat (4.4.4).
John Lane (not verified)
Thanks for the tipFri, 2015/01/23 - 12:39
OmniROM is perfectly worked on my tablet.