The software programs demonstrated in this talk include the following:
- SkyChart, Cartes du Ciel, a very extensive planetarium.
- KStars (includes Ekos), another planetarium.
- INDI, a device driver standard for many astronomical equipment such as equatorial mounts, focusers, CCDs, domes, and more.
- Stellarium, a planetarium with the most realistic look of the sky.
- Astrometry intefrace for identifying stars and deriving coordinates for images of the sky.
And, using the astrometry plate solving features in Ekos, one can precisely align the telescope, and automate the process of taking images of objects in the sky.
The slides are attached below, in PDF format.