On May 15 afternoon, Waterloo region went through a severe thunderstorm, and perhaps a tornado. Power was cut for 1 hour 40 minutes, and cable TV and internet were off till next day. Several trees fell, some on houses causing damage, and even power poles, one at Gateview and Erb, very close to where we live.
Several tree branches were ripped apart. Some really thick. Rain was driving horizontally too to the house.
In Monkton, near Stratford, there was a confirmed Tornado that tore apart a barn, and killed several cows.
- The Kitchener Waterloo Record: Storm socks region.
- The Kitchener Waterloo Record: Tornado landed near Monkton.
- 570 News: Tornado confirmed near Stratford.
- CityNews: Storm leaves power outages.
- CityNews: Severe thunderstorm hits GTA, London tornado warning over.
- CityNews: Environment Canada confirms tornado touched down in storm.
- CBC: tornado probably struck near Stratford: weather service.