It covered the following:
- Where and What to buy?
- Hardware (Raspberry Pi 2 and Raspberry Pi 3)
- Pros and Cons
- What 'distros' available and how to install?
- Project: Weather Forecast. The fix for the pywapi API for Canadian cities is here
- Project: Internet Radio, using Mopidy. More details here
- Project: Internet Radio, using Kodi
The star of the show however, was Omar Atwa, who presented on his grade 8 water irrigation project using a Raspberry Pi. I did mentor him for the software part. The attendees raved at Omar's project.
The slides from the talk are attached below.