Some time ago, an anonymous visitor wrote a comment on an article I wrote. In response, I wrote a comment listing some contemorary and recent influential and rich non-Muslims in Muslim majority countries. This is now its own article. Here are some example from recent times:
- Boutros Ghali, Coptic Christian Prime Minister of Egypt.
- Boutros Boutros Ghali, his grandson, Coptic Christian Minister of State for Foreign Affairs and Secretary General of the United Nations.
- Youssef Boutros Ghali, Coptic Christian present Minister of Finance in Egypt.
- Kamal Stino, Coptic Christian Vice Prime Minister of Egypt.
- Onsi Sawiris, Coptic Christian, and the richest man in Egypt. His family has been rich for some time.
- Rami Lakah, another rich Egyptian Roman Catholic businessman.
- Sir Magdi Yacoub Coptic Christian leading heart surgeon.
- Makram Ebeid, Egyptian Coptic Christian Politician.
- Mona Makram Ebeid, Egyptian Coptic Christian Politician, and Academic.
- Tariq Aziz, Assyrian Christian Foreign Minister and Deputy Prime Minister of Iraq.
If you want historical examples, there are plenty of Christian, Jewish, Zoroastrian, and Mandean scientists, philosophers, court officials, and ministers through out the centuries.