The arbitrary nature of the Gaza blockade by Israel
The Israeli human rights group, Gisha, has filed a court case against the state of Israel's blockade of Gaza.
Some startling findings include:
- Cinnamon is permitted, but coriander is forbidden.
- Tea and coffee are permitted, but chocolate is not.
- Mineral water is permitted, but fruit juice is forbidden.
- Canned meat and tuna are permitted, but canned fruit is forbidden.
- Tahini (Sesame seed paste) is permitted, but jam is forbidden.
Other forbidden goods are childrens' plastic toys, and textiles, among other things ...
Most commented on articles ...