- Molokheyya - Jew's Mallow ملوخية This is made into a green slimy soup with dried coriander and garlic. The soup is normally Rabbit, Chicken, or Duck. We have a special page dedicated to it.
- Colcassia (Ol2as) قلقاس Tuber roots made into cubes and a green stew, or sliced and cooked with Tomatoe
- Bamia - Okra - Lady's Finger بامية The fruit of a Hibiscus plant. Cooked with Tomatoes
- Regla - Purslane (Portulaca oleracea) رجلة While this is considered a weed in some parts of the world, in Egypt, this is an edible succulent vegetable with fleshy round leaves . Cooked in a tomato sauce.
- Khobeiza خبيزة The leaves of this plant is cooked in a way reminiscent of Molokheyya.
For full recipes, please visit our recently launched Egyptian Cuisine Recipes web site.